Rooftop HVAC units are cost-effective options for keeping your business cool throughout the summer. Sturdy and engineered to stand up to the Indiana and Illinois climates, a rooftop HVAC unit will provide reliable comfort for 15 years or longer.
It generally takes a few days to fully install a rooftop HVAC system. This depends on how long it takes to remove an old system and whether or not the roof needs support added to carry the weight of the unit. It also depends on whether or not the ductwork or electrical systems require adjustments.
Prior to commencing work, our installation crews will work with you to identify the ideal time for installation. We will also cover any special requirements we identify during our pre-installation inspection of the property and help secure any required permits to perform the task.
Contact Parkway Mechanical at 219-942-6626 to learn more about the process of installing rooftop HVAC units. Our certified technicians will answer your questions and help you identify the requirements for installing a new HVAC unit on your building.
Advantages of Rooftop HVAC Units
There are many advantages to rooftop HVAC unit installation. These include:
- Reductions in Sound Pollution. Rooftop HVAC units won’t disrupt your operations or require you to install additional insulation to dampen the noise.
- Security. Rooftop HVAC systems are difficult for the general public to access. This helps reduce the risk of vandalism and ensures that only those with authorized permission can reach the unit.
- Saves Space. HVAC rooftop unit installation doesn’t require you to utilize space that can be used for offices or parking. This makes installing an HVAC unit on the roof an efficient use of your property.
- Improves Air Quality. Rooftop HVAC units fitted with humidistats and filters can deliver a reliable supply of fresh air to your facility.
- Ease of Maintenance. HVAC rooftop unit maintenance is much easier than other systems. Because the systems are located away from normal operations, maintenance tasks can be performed without disrupting the flow of business.
Contact Parkway Mechanical at 219-942-6626 to learn more about the benefits of installing a rooftop HVAC system on your business.
HVAC System Maintenance
It is necessary to perform regular preventative maintenance on your HVAC system. Our HVAC rooftop unit maintenance services can help you identify minor problems before they cause major breakdowns. Performing regular maintenance helps reduce long-term operating costs and prolongs the operational life span of your rooftop HVAC systems.
Signs your HVAC system needs maintenance include:
- Strange noises including bangs, bolts, squeals, and squeaks.
- Emission of odd smells including metallic scents and those that resemble burning rubber.
- Inconsistent airflow through the ductwork.
- Short cycling that causes the unit to cycle on and off at random intervals.
- Dramatic increases in utility bills that are not associated with increased system usage.
Contact Parkway Mechanical at 219-942-6626 to schedule maintenance services for your system in northwestern Indiana and Illinois.
HVAC System Repair
Commercial HVAC systems are complex machines and they will require repair from time to time. Our certified HVAC repair technicians are available 24/7 to perform the repairs you need to keep your doors open. Our crews have all the required training, tools, and access to components required to minimize disruptions as they perform the necessary repair tasks.
Contact Parkway Mechanical at 219-942-6626 to schedule a service call. Our technicians will assess your system and determine which repairs are needed to restore operations.